Healthy Water Consumption Aids Beauty and Body Function
Did you know when your body feels thirsty, you have already reached the point of dehydration? No wonder we see co-workers, fellow gym buddies, classmates, friends and more carrying around water bottle all day long. Your body is composed of approximately 60% of water, making hydration vital to your health. So let’s take a look at why we all need to be drinking water daily.
- BETTER FUNCTIONING ORGANS – Your body functions best when it is properly nourished with water. Kidneys flush out and your digestive system performs optimally with the vital fluid. Flushing out waste, bacteria, and toxins keeps us healthy, and, if you needed another reason, it can help cure constipation. It is essential to properly circulate the nutrients in our body. When we are dehydrated, things don’t work as well. To sum it up, our organs need water to keep our insides happy and healthy.
- KEY TO HEALTHIER SKIN – Did you know your skin is your body’s largest organ? Regular consumption of water can help improve the texture and color of your skin. Celebrities swear by water, touting it as part of their ageless appearance. An International Journal of Cosmetic Science found that drinking 9.5 cups of the liquid every day for four weeks altered skin density and thickness. What we know, an adequate amount can aid to that perfect “glow”. Without proper water intake, the skin can appear duller, and wrinkles and pores can become more prominent.
- FIGHT FATIGUE – Many people reach for caffeine when their body feels sluggish, rather than water. However, it is proven that it can help fight fatigue, and can help endurance athletes maintain a competitive edge. When you are dehydrated, your heart has to work harder because of the drop of blood volume, which can lead to fatigue. Next time you need an afternoon pick me up, reach for the water bottle to keep you alert and energized.
- GOODBYE HEADACHES – Not only known to be a mood enhancer, it can prevent headaches. Going without water can trigger a dehydration-headache. What if you have a headache? Participants in a 2004 study found that drinking 2 glasses of water within thirty minutes helped reduce or completely relieve their headache.
- PREVENT CANCER – We know the more water we drink, the more we relieve our system. And why doctors believe that this can aid in build up in organs such as the kidney and bladder. Studies have shown proper intake of water can prevent certain types of cancer, such as bladder, colon, and breast.